Wednesday 2 October 2019

Vickers Venom






So, a quick post, because, why not?


Yesterday evening I was intrigued by a comment from AJ on Michael's blog about the Vickers Venom.  Now, I'm not an aviation expert, but do try to read-up on WW2 era aircraft, yet here was a suggestion of an aeroplane I'd never heard of before....oh dear...distraction alert!


I did a quick internet search, and lo-and-behold all sorts of information about this wonderful little aircraft presented itself.  What was I to do?


So as a thank you to AJ for following my new blog, and for switching me on to this fascinating prototype, I present to you this mornings' efforts.



I've shown in on a cutting mat delineated in freedom units, to give an idea of the size of this little thing.





I've still to work-out the engine cowl, which I thought might be nice if it were removable - subject to me making or finding a 1:56 radial engine.


So there you have it. 


Many people collect kits which they never get around to assembling, I'm starting a habit of making my own.  Perhaps, one day, when I've finished the Mk2 Storch, and the Hurricane and (whisper) the Spitfire I may well build my own Vickers Venom.  Until then, if AJ would like to shoot me an email, I'll cheerfully wing a kit or two his way.


Thanks for stopping by,


James












6 comments:

  1. What a great build for this less well known classic aircraft, have you considered getting the engine 3D printed, as you obviously have skills on the computer, I'll find the company we get stuff printed from if your interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, it would be a great process for the cowl too.
      I'll get drawing. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, James, nice to see I've supplied a bit of inspiration for you. That is a neat little aircraft. I can't seem to locate an email address for you, so if you'd like to contact me on kirbycane 822 AT gmail.com (close gaps) I'd be delighted to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete